Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

High On The Mountain Top


So I had a cool experience the other day. I have been wanting to go to my special thinking spot ever since I moved back to the Wasatch Front. It is above Bountiful overlooking the temple. I just decided to take my scriptures and ipod and hike up and watch the sun set in the west.

It was a beautiful short hike. I kept telling myself it is not as hard as the Great Wall of China so that gave me strength to go to the top. (I guess i need to hike more :) )



I found my perfect spot and enjoyed the beautiful leaves and overlooking the Temple of the Lord and my childhood neighborhood.

I felt overwelming peace and my heart was full of gratitude for growing up in such a blessed place. I am grateful for a family of neighbors that will always hold a special place in my heart. I read a verse that says "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings; that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good; that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth;" Mosiah 12:21. It was a beautiful day.

I read from The Book of Mormon reading the Abinadi story. I felt an overwhelming spirit and am grateful for such a choice experience. I listened to some great music and just had some time to center myself and enjoy the view. It was fun to listen to the Hymn of the Fallen sung by the Tabernacle Choir. I listened to the same thing when I was on Ha Long Bay in Vietnam this summer. It was inspiring to look back at that experience and again enjoy the wonders of Gods Creations!

3 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Beautiful pictures Kate. Way to take advantage of great experiences like these! This is what life is made of. If you ever need a hiking buddy...give me a call!

melbelle41 said...

Hey Kati! How are you?! I miss ya! My mom said she saw you on Sunday :) Hey I just need your e-mail address so I can send you an invite to our blog! Thanks!

Chris Lake said...

Those of us from your childhood neighborhood miss you! It was so fun to see you on Sunday and I appreciated your sweet testimony. We're first on the Sunday dinner invitation next time around.