Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

HIGHS & lows


This last week was an interesting mix of highs and lows...
HIGHS: I finally found a part time job that I am super excited about. I am going to work at The Garden restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I hope I can do a good job there and eventually move up in the company over time. I have always loved the hospitality industry and would love to do something there. I know its not the ideal situation financially but anything worth getting is worth sacrificing for.

I had to get some papers from Idaho so I decided to make an dash up north. I stopped by Fruit Way to get some pumpkins and the last of the summer peaches. It was a beautiful drive up the canyon to visit my sister. I missed the height of Logan fall leaves but there were still some beautiful sights.

Time with Mand is always too short but we did get to make some cute halloween treats. Brenna is crawling like crazy. I just want her to stay little forever.

I got up to Idaho and was able to spend a little time with my cute mom and my dear grandma. We made more of the fun treats and were able to laugh and talk until the early morning. I realized that I hadn't really laughed in such a long time. It felt amazing. Thanks mom!

LOWS: Dealing with life is sometimes hard, realizing that your rose colored world view of some people close to you is not reality. Those glasses got taken off with a couple of people close to me on Sunday. It was strange that it happened all in one day. I think the Lord just said "Why not give it to her all at once, that way she can get it over with. Crying the same tears but for double reasons."

Its not important to state who or why or what, the fact is I was hoping for a good relationship with some family members and I think I was kidding myself when I thought it could ever be that way. I realized that a lot of people are see the world as theirs and we all just live in it. Focusing on how others affect them and not how they affect others.

I just want a happy and healthy family relationship. I don't think it is hard to ask. Even though my family has changed a ton over the last 2 years, I feel like whatever hard things life throws at us, we should be able to move past it and love each other regardless.
I guess I thought that could happen but after spending time with some people, it is apparent that this is a onesided hope.

I am grateful for a loving mother and others that support and love me through highs and lows. You know who you are and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

Kyle and Lindsay M. said...

Kati!! I LOVE your blog and I'm so glad you found mine so I could find yours. I am always thinking about and wondering what you're up to so this is perfect! Congratulations on the job!!! I really think you'll love working at the Garden! We need to get together one of these days. How much longer are you going to be living with your brother?

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I love you Kate.